Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fitness Schedule

Hola,

I wanted to share some encouragement here! I hope that this will help anyone who is trying to get on an exercise schedule. (Now, this is what works for me!) You have to first acknowledge that it is going to take determination and courage to exercise, especially if you are the inactive type. Make it an anchor point of your day, schedule your activities around your "getting healthy time"!  Make it an appointment that you can not miss! I am a stay at home mom and my husband gets to work from home most of the time, so I have him to help me. I do not have a set time to exercise (Ex. 5 am.) I have a 5 month old baby, folks, who still gets up to nurse at night, so if Noah just happens to be sleeping at 5 am, I am going to be sleeping too.=) I just can't seem to get myself out of bed too much earlier than the kids! Sorry! It's a good thing that they are on summer break! =0) So, when I rise I will have my time with God and take care of Noah and whenever he seems content and I know that I can have at least an hour of uninterrupted time to exercise, then that's my time. I make sure I get it in before breakfast, that's my rule, because I know that if I wait any time after then , it will not happen for me! (There have been times where I am working out at 7:30 or 9:00 am.) Now this is what works best for me. Yours might be after breakfast, or maybe right before bed, or while the kids are at school! You just have to find out what time is best for you.

Listen, mommies! If you just had a baby, especially a c-section, you know you have to wait at least 6-8 weeks before trying to get on a program. I know I felt as though I had to jump right back in and get myself together but after having 5 c-sections, I knew I had to take it easy! 
Also,if you are breastfeeding, you have to remember that losing weight is not as important as getting the proper nutrients to keep up your milk supply and in order to do that you have to have plenty of rest, water and good food. If you really fell like you got to do something, try walking and stretching and when you feel like you can do a little more add in a little more. Your body will let you know if you are over doing it.
Now, I know that I probably could not have my morning exercise without the help of my husband and children, they will tend to the baby if he begins to fuss while I am exercising. So, if you can have a friend over to help you during your workout time, that would be wonderful! =)
If not put the baby in a stroller and go for your walk! Just make sure to move your body and give it your all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...