Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ohhhhhh, Artichokes.........


I love artichokes so much that I have been actually considering planting them for quite some time. I have been told planting artichokes requires a lot of patience!  A year or two before you can harvest. As a beginner, I thought it best to start with veggies that are quick to produce, so that I can be encouraged.

Well, this last weekend we had the pleasure of visiting with our family---The Carrascos--- we had so much fun! My sister-in-law has actually been gardening for a few years now and I must say she has green thumbs and toes! Well to my delight she has grown artichokes that have flourished faster than what I heard and she actually gave me this beautiful artichoke flower. My smile was from ear to ear, I tell ya!

So, now I am going to do all the research I can possibly do and find out where the seeds are and plant them! I am so excited!!!!! Say a prayer for me, hoping my black thumbs will turn green! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...