Saturday, February 16, 2013

Carolina Herrera

Carolina Herrera was a designer that I fell in love with when I was a little girl.  My mom always had the latest issue of Vanidades.  Whenever I would look at her designs, I would just fall in love with them.  They always seemed so classy and just refined.  She took sophistication to the next level.  I would dream of wearing one of her wedding dresses, mind you I was at the ripe age of 6! (hehehe) Her designs have not changed, they are still beautiful and if someone would like to make my dream come true, my 16th wedding anniversary is coming up in March and I would gladly accept one of her bridal dresses. =)

So, the other day, I can across this ad in a magazine.


Carolina Herrera.

The picture inspired me. It made me think of my childhood days and so I decided to make a soap that would reflect everything it captured for me. 

Here is what I came up with:


I couldn't capture the brightness. But, it is an interpretation of everything that was in my head. It's a fun scent...fruity.  The yellow swirls representing the playfulness and movement in the dress.  The yellow soap sticking out taken from the block that she is leaning on.  I used poppy seeds to get the black in there from the background.  There is so much more to this soap.  The ingredients are lovely.  I will be posting this to my Etsy shop.

Here's to Mrs. Herrera.

I call this soap.............Carolina!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...