Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Interview w/ Maria Sankey from Autumn Leaves

What a treat, people!
Today I have a special interview with Maria Sankey from Autumn Leaves.  She is a very talented lady with many skills.  Let's learn  some fun facts!


Cyndi:  Hi Maria!  Tell us a little about yourself.

Maria:  I'm a 39 year old mother of four and a wife of a wonderful husband. I'm a house wife and homeschool my 3 daughters.

Cyndi: So what got you into crocheting and how long have you been doing it?

Maria:  I loved watching my husband's aunts crochet and wanted to learn. So one day they both taught me how to do a simple chain stitch. I got frustrated because that's all I knew how to do, so I stopped crocheting until one day last year I got sick and couldn't get out of bed. So I decided to watch youtube to see if I could get the concept of crocheting and see if I could learn more than a chain stitch. My first project was making scarves for my sister and her family. Ever since Oct. or Nov. of last year I've been crocheting.

Cyndi:  Youtube has been a blessing to me and I am sure to others as well.  Youtube, can be very educational.  What other interest do you have and what kind of goodies do you sell?

Maria:  I also help my husband with our ministry. I sell scarves, hoodies and blankets at the moment. I'm venturing into making handbags, sweaters and anything I can learn.

Cyndi:  What is your favorite item that you make?

Maria:  At the moment my favorite items are my blankets.

Well that's all for now folks.  Come back for part 2 of this interview and lets take a look at what she has  made! =)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...