Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Garden time!

Well, I have been waiting to be able to harvest my cucumbers.  Unfortunately,  I was only able to harvest two.  I promise to post pictures soon.  I had to pull my cucumber plant out.  The ants seemed to have invaded it so bad.  All of the cucumbers that had started to grow seemed to be attacked and I found them on the floor.  It is the strangest thing.  So, I harvested the two that had grown.  I was too scared to let them grow any more for fear that some bug would get them.  If you know what I can do to prevent this the following year please let me know!

My tomato plants, well lets just say that all things in my garden are growing slowly!  I am realizing that I must put some type of nutrients into the soil!  (Forgive me for my ignorance, let's remember that we are just starting out here!)  Anywhoo, I just noticed some tomatoes growing, wohoooo!  Let's see, if I'll be able to harvest them soon.

Bell peppers, seem to be a no go.  What else was a no go,  the cantaloupe! UGH!!!!

No giving up here!  Live and learn!

Would love encouragement, please drop a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...